Rat vs Mouse, How To Differentiate Between the Two?
While it can become difficult to identify rats and mice at times, there are quite a few differences between the two. Typically, the rats are identified as rodents with long thin tails.
There are varieties of rats like Kangaroo rats, African rats, wood rats, pack rats and many others, but none of them are similar to each other. Mice, too, have long and thin tails but are slimmer than rats. But unlike other rat varieties, mice varieties are much similar to each other.
Distinction Between Rat vs Mouse Behavior
Rats are more vigilant and conscientious, and they deflect from any new path until they are familiar with the way. They are quite wary and alert about their surroundings while on the other hand mice are the risk-takers. They are quite meddlesome and inquisitive if they come across a new path and thus, it is easy to deceive mice and capture them.
Signs of Rat infestation
- Rat droppings are found in the concentrated zones as they have the capacity of delivering more than 40 droppings at a time. They appear like a large grain of rice.
- Rats, due to their poor visual perception use up courses attached to the walls and leave the dirt on the walls. The spots and marks on the wall indicate towards the rat infestation.
- They form their habitation area in temperate places and devastate the commodities present at your home. If you come across any such sign, call Rockland County Pest Control for immediate assistance.
Signs of Mice Infestation
- Mice urinate most of the time, and it leaves a pungent smell. If you smell something strong and like solid alkali then know that you are close to mice. Thus, all you can do is call mouse control service for exterminating them from your property.
- Their presence can also be known by their tracks and trails left behind in any untidy surrounding. You can check their infestation by spreading talcum powder to check their presence.
Ways To Annihilate the Rats and Mice From Your Property
There are some natural ways to eliminate the rodents from your property. Before opting for any pest control service, it is advisable to take the precautions beforehand to avoid such a situation. Here are few ways to eliminate them on your own.
- One of the most outstanding ways to eliminate the rodents is to use the traps for them. By setting the baits for the rodents, you can keep them away for long.
- You can also wipe them out with the usage of rodenticides which acts as a poison for them and eliminates them out in its entirety. But while handling them, it is always advised to seek some professional help, thus, if the situation is severe then go for Rockland County Pest Control for immediate help.
- It is recommended to keep your property clean as poor sanitation attracts the rodents while a purified property keeps them away. Use proper sanitation steps to keep your area clean.
- One of the ways to trap the rodents is having pets. If you own pets like cat or dog, then it would be easier for you to capture the rodents without taking much effort.
Rockland County Pest Control: Call Us!
Despite taking all preventive measures as prescribed if you still come across them, then call Rockland County Pest Control for immediate help. We have been dealing with these rodents for a long time, and with the assistance of our skilled exterminators, we have successfully annihilated a vast number of rodents from Rockland County.
We assure you to provide a cost-effective service compared to other agencies and thus, have maintained the same reputation till date. Do not panic if you come across such a situation. All you have to do is call our agency and do away with the perilous creatures.